Tuesday, June 17, 2008

About my doctor...

I'm in the phase of things right now where I get to see my doctor almost on a daily basis. It's strange to me that other people don't know their entire doctor's office by first name! I was talking to someone the other day and said something about "my nurse". The person didn't know about the whole infertility thing and asked me, "you have your own nurse?" I just shrugged it off, "doesn't everybody?" But in all honesty my doctor and nurses know me better (inside and out) than most of friends! And I just have to say how awesome everyone at the fertility center is. They are definitely infertility angels! They're always telling me to keep trying, don't quit, be positive, you can do this...and they've been there to cry with me when things don't go well. It's like we're this weirdly put together family. I think they are just as anxious as me and that they get just as heart broken too (I always feel bad for the person that has to make the 'bad news' call). They are realistic and honest yet, at the same time, hopeful and faithful and compassionate. One of the nurses that I absolutely love is moving at the end of the month, so I told my husband that we have to make it work this time so that we can name our first daughter after her. We'll see! But I just respect these guys so much. I'm sure it's not an easy job but I'm sure glad that they do it. If nothing else, one thing I've gained from this experience so far is the opportunity to be around such amazing people! So, kudos to my doctor and his staff!!

No comments: