Friday, April 3, 2009

Big Announcement!

First, I need to acknowledge and apologize for the fact that I haven't been a very good blogger lately. It's funny because I always have blogs rolling through my head-a character in this book I'm reading compared his thoughts to clothes tumbling in a dryer, I like that.
So, on to my big news...no, I'm not pregnant (well, I don't think I am-as we all know, it would take an absolute MIRACLE-though I'm a true believer in miracles, anyway...)! But I have to tell you I have been up to secret works...Hubbie and I are adopting!! We are so excited. We are going through LDS Adoptive Services and were recently approved. So far the journey has been a wonderful, strengthening experience. Just filling out the paperwork has brought us closer together. Right now we are in the finding stage of our journey (there's no waiting--it's all about being proactive!). Our caseworker says adoption could take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of years once you're approved because with their program the birth mother gets to pick the family for her child. The focus is all about getting the right baby to the right family. We had the opportunity to go to a training class where we got to listen to panels of speakers-people who have adopted, people who are adopted, and people who have placed children for adoption. The birth parents were especially neat to listen to because they were just so sincere and you could tell how hard it was for them and what an unselfish sacrifice they have made. But despite the heart ache, all of them spoke of how glad they were that they did it and that they know they did the right thing. I am a firm believer that God moves in mysterious ways and know that Heavenly Father will bless us with a family one way or another.
So, there it is, now you know our big secret. The next post will be some previous posts that I made on this other blog I used to write on. (I'm trying to consolidate my blogs-I have way too many!) Wish us luck (in the adoption and in the consolidating)! =)

And here is some great information and what not about adoption:

Families Supporting Adoption seeks to raise awareness of adoption as a loving choice. Adoption is a wonderful option when faced with an unplanned pregnancy. Adoption blesses the lives of birthparents, adoptive couples, and adoptive children. Contrary to what some may believe, parents who place their children for adoption are not taking the “easy way out” or abandoning their responsibility. Instead, they are placing the needs of their children before their own. Such a decision is deserving of the highest respect.

Below are links to an adoption video and adoption articles. The more we all become educated on adoption, and dispel myths and misunderstandings through sharing accurate information, the more lives will be changed for the better. This is especially true for adopted children when they are surrounded by adults who understand, appreciate, support, and speak to the child in terms of the loving decision of adoption.

“Adoption and Abortion” You Tube video

Listen to the journey of a birthmother through adoption.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGCxBmoAIAE

“The Gift of Adoption,” Ensign, Feb. 2009

This article explores adoption from the point of view of the birthmother, birthfather, birth grandparent, and adoptive child.

“Why Adoption?,” Ensign, Jan. 2008

This article explores adoption from the point of view of the adoptive couple.

“Abortion: An Assault on the Defenseless,” Ensign, Oct. 2008

“Making a Family,” Friend, Feb. 2009

Based on a true story, a young child learns about the loving choice of adoption.

For more information on adoption, go to itsaboutlove.org

For more information about Families Supporting Adoption, go to familiessupportingadoption.org

9 comments:

luna said...

congratulations on this new path! the first step is a tough one.

Beverly said...

So happy for you and your husband! Read all of your posts from your other blog and just want to let you know that I enjoy very much everything you write! You have a great way with words! (I wouldn't worry about that letter, it sounds perfect!) I often read your posts as my eyes well with tears because I think "That's how I feel!" I think of you often and pray for you. ;P

Pepper said...

Congratulations! Wishing you much luck on this new path.

Kate said...

I am so happy for you, I am crying, Happy Happy Tears. I am also glad to have a post to read, in fact I am going to have to come back tomorrow to try to digest the others posts when I have more time. We need to get together and talk sometime soon.

KLTTX said...

Congratulations on your decision. The adoption wait can be quite the rollar coaster - I hope you enjoy the ride.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Here from L&F.

Congratulations on this new decision and path! Best of luck as you move forward.

~~HUGS~~

Nishant said...

I think of you often and pray for you

Work from home India

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this nice and miracle information.


Also click on this keywords please :-- sell annuity | selling structured settlements | lump sum cash payment | structured settlement | cash structured settlementst

Unknown said...

I like this, all photos very nice http://engeloch.hostenko.com/gorod-pyili/