Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year's Resolution 1032: Be a Better Blogger.

Wow...I just noticed that it has almost been a month since my last entry. I have many excuses, but no reasons really. Every year I forget how crazy December and January can be for me. I had so many wonderful things I was going to write too. I had Christmas carols for the infertile...

Have yourself a very fertile Christmas...

I'm dreaming of a fertile Christmas,
Just like the ones the other girls know...

To name a few. I had rantings and ravings about this and that. I wanted to write poetry and inspirational stuff. But, alas, time flew by and here I am too tired to really remember what I wanted to write about when I began this entry a few minutes ago. Oh well.
As for the baby-front: I'm trying to decide whether or not I should do another laparoscopy. I'm planning on doing my 4th and final round of IVF this summer and really want everything to be in tip top shape. And my periods have been getting more and more painful like they were in the past. If I decide to do it, I should probably do it soon so that I'll be ready for the summer. But then part of me remembers the last time...the worst part is the gas they fill you up with. And I remember the first time I woke up at home and tried to use the bathroom...not a pleasant memory. And then I feel a little guilty because my poor husband sacrifices so much. For example, he has this dumb broken tooth that he keeps putting off getting fixed because I tend to use up all the money for my medical bills. But then I think that if this is really going to be my last try at IVF, I really want to know that I did everything in my power to make things work. Maybe I should just talk to my doctor and see what he thinks...
For now I think I just need to go to bed.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

I totally understand your reservations for the lap. I was so freaked, and the recovery so so bad for me as well. Mandi and I actually talked a lot about your surgery and mine.

I wish I had a magic ball that could tell you what to do, but I guess in the end you have to trust your gut! Good luck!

I will keep you in my prayers!

Kate said...

So for a moment I thought your resolution was for 23 years from now, then I remebered that it is 2009 and not 1009- silly me, forgetting what millenium I am in.

We love you and pray for you, making decisions is horribly hard, especially when you know you want a very specific consiquence from said decision.

We will be here/there for you whenever you need us- you will need us soon right? Because we miss you guys.

Angela said...

Hey..it's good to finally see an entry. Good luck with everything. You have always been such a good person and friend. I hope 2009 brings you what you deserve.

Anonymous said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii